Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wrapping up Letter B

Well, here we are, 2 weeks later and just finished letter B. Both kids LOVED making butterflies and learning to write letter B-Joshua can do it if he's focused but not if he's stressed. He has a tendency to say "I can't do it" but then quickly says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" or says it if we say "I can.." I love hearing him quote scripture and I find him working scripture, prayer, and song in every aspect of play!! Madelynn prays in her own little language and I absolutely love that too!!

Here are a few photos of Moo gluing her butterfly parts to paper (don't mind the hair she kept pulling out her ponytail)
and the finished project

Here Joshua was making his coffee filter butterflies
Step 1: open up a coffee filter, lay it flat and color on it with washable markers

Step 2: Spray coffee filter with water and watch the colors bleed together
Step 3: Let dry (about 30mins depending on how soaked your filters are) and use a pipecleaner to wrap around the center of the coffee filter to make the butterfly's body and antennas
So there you have it, the end of our B week. Monday, of this week (I'm behind I know) we started letter C...that will be coming shortly!




2 comments:

  1. MARKERS!?!! Joshua must have been SO excited!!! You took the plunge. LOL. I tell you what, those kids are just working out your OCD tendencies.....playdough,markers, what's next???

    LOVE---ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog posts :) I think we are going to start with letters in daycare soon

    ReplyDelete