Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Colored Noodles

I am always looking for things to put into my sensory bucket that the kids would have fun with, yet be safe enough to let the little ones (1-2yr) play with that they won't choke on.
I came across this idea on Pinterest and the kids and I couldn't wait to give it a try!  


I cooked 2lbs of spaghetti noodles and tossed them with oil so they wouldn't stick together, then seperated them into 4 gallon sized bags, adding food coloring.  The kids helped me mix the color around into the noodles, by squishing the bags, then we dumped our 4 colors of noodles into our empty water table.


I gave each of the kids a set of tongs and let them have at the noodles.   They had so much fun scooping it up with the tongs and mixing the colors together.









 At first no one wanted to touch the noodles with their hands, only using the tongs, but they came around!






The kids spent over 2hrs playing with the colored noodles: mixing it, scooping it, filling up cups, dumping it and of course, eating it!  They were in heaven!!  After they were done, we bagged the noodles up, put them in bags in the fridge, to pull out later that same day and the following day.  They loved it!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment